e-SHRAM Card Registration: For the welfare of unorganized workers in the country, the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, has launched the e-SHRAM portal on 26 August 2021. The portal will help the government in creating a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW) and will be seeded with Aadhaar.
Over 16 crore unorganized workers in the country have registered under the portal. The registration on the portal is free of cost and the individuals need not pay anything during their registration at Common Service Centres (CSCs), or Regional Offices of State Government.
The portal is the first-ever national database of unorganized workers. Under this, the central government will issue a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) for around 38 crores of unorganized workers. Check eligibility criteria below before applying for the e-SHRAM card:
Any worker such as migrant worker, gig workers, platform workers, and MGNREGA working in an unorganized sector.
• The age of the worker should be between 16-59.
• The applicant must not be a member of EPFO and ESIC.
• The worker should not be a taxpayer.
E-SHRAM Card: Documents required
• Aadhar Card
• Bank Passbook
• Ratio Card
• Electricity Bill
• The mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar
Complete information about all the benefits that will be available to you for this portal is given in our article, please read it carefully:-
• If you die due to accidental death, then you will be given 2 lakh rupees.
• In case of partial handicap, more than Rs 1 lakh will be given.
• By registering on the E Sharam portal, you will get social security scheme benefits.
• After registering you will be provided a premium wave for one year.
• Through this, you can also track the migrant laborer’s workforce.
• Through this portal, you will also be given Bima Yojana insurance cover.
• If you login into it then your chances of getting a job increase.
• Through this, you will also be provided with financial support.